About the Company and the Role
NIOA is Australia's largest privately-owned company supplying weapons, ammunition and technical support to Defence, Law Enforcement and sporting markets across Australia and New Zealand. We are offering a unique opportunity to showcase your creativity and typesetting ability to provide support to the National Marketing Team. Working with a dedicated in-house marketing department, you will bring to the role experience across graphic design, typesetting and photography services.
- Provide graphic design, typesetting and document creation services as directed.
- Create digital and print assets for use across various media delivery systems.
- Create assets in a quick timeframe.
- Product photography.
- Creation of artwork, illustration for company presentations and bid documents.
- Help mentor and train Junior Graphic Designers and Graphic Designers.
- Creative support for exhibitions and events.
- Assist with auditorium and tradeshow events as required.
- Create artwork for social media campaigns.
- Liaise with various departments at direction of National Marketing Manager.
- Liaise with print houses.
- Assist National Marketing Manager with other tasks as directed.
Experience and Qualifications
- Three year’s related experience and/or training; certificate college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Software including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat.
- Must be proficient in Word (templating) and Powerpoint
- Must be extremely proficient in book layout work in Indesign (bids and tender documents)
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest design trends.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Courteous, with high levels of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
- Must be able to take direction.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- High attention to detail.
- Good teamwork and helpful, collaborative attitude.
- Good time management and multitasking abilities.
- Firearms Licence, or the ability to attain one.
- Driver’s Licence.
- BASELINE security clearance, or the ability to maintain one.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing work environments and requirements.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 kilograms.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH SEEK, Email your Cover Letter and CV to HR@nioa.com.au Attention: ”Senior Graphic Designer"
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply as well as Defence Veterans.