Projects Major Munitions Contract (MMC)
In circa 2015, the Commonwealth undertook a significant analysis of the munitions supply arrangements to Australia within the context of the global munitions landscape, in order to identify opportunities for improving value for money, reducing transactional costs associated with munitions supply arrangements, consolidating supply arrangements and gradual modernisation of selected ADF munitions.
One reform from the analysis was the Australian Defence Force Major Munitions Contracts (ADF MMC) procurement. In 2016 the Request For Tender for the Major Munitions Contracts (MMC) was released to Industry with NIOA being the only company offered an MMC contract.
The contract commenced Oct 2017 with the initial contract for 5 years with a 5+5 year extension option. The MMC is established for long term sustainment purchases with the scope of work being:
- the provision of Munitions to the Commonwealth;
- the provision of engineering support Services, including:
- the demonstration of the compliance of the Munitions.
- the conduct of engineering investigations.
- support of Commonwealth technical data investigations.
- the provision of technical data;
- promotion of new and improved products; and
- the provision of codification data.
56 products are currently listed on the MMC including:
- Small Calibre Ammunition ranging from 9mm to .50 cal Ammunition,
- 40mm products,
- 120mm Tank Ammunition,
- Birdie Flares,
- Smoke ammunition, and
- 30mm Ammunition.